TropicBird is a Gemini 105MC 34 foot sloop-rigged cruising catamaran – the World’s most successful single-design multi-hull. It was specifically designed for ‘skinny’ waters but Gemini Cats have also made many long ocean passages.
Incredibly with our lifting centerboards and ingenuous kick-up rudders we can operate in as little as 18 inches of water. This allows us to go where larger boats and even many smaller ones can’t: an essential quality in the 10,000 Islands, as even 3 miles offshore in the Gulf, we may have only 7 feet of water and typically we’ll be operating in four or less.
TropicBird’s accommodations are spacious, light and airy so that the term “down below” just doesn’t apply. She has 6 permanent berths in 3 cabins, a comfortable dinette with seating for six and panoramic views that can also convert into a second queen berth, a beautiful master cabin, a roomy head ( marine toilet) with separate shower, and a well equipped galley (kitchen) with gas stove and refrigerator, with full head-room throughout.
The deck layout, rig and unique hull design ensures a comfortable stable ride without any heeling. TropicBird is fully equipped for extended cruising with a full suite of navigational instruments and USCG approved safety equipment.
TropicBird guest amenities:
- Spacious outside deck for sightseeing and sunbathing
- Hammock/settee on the stern from which to take in the sights in comfort
- Hardtop cockpit canopy for protection from the elements
- Full head room below
- Separate shower and restroom
- Private changing facilities
- Comfortable inside dinette seating for 6 with panoramic views and overhead hatches to catch the breeze
- Front pulpit seating & deck loungers
- Fresh water rinse-off on stern for those sandy feet
- A 10’6”rigid-hulled inflatable dinghy with a 9.9 hp outboard on davits for beach excursions
- Easy swimming and dinghy access via stern steps down to the water
- Amply stocked self-service cooler
- Full lunch & snack service
- Binoculars & reference library
- Seine net, dip nets, buckets and trowels for exploring the intertidal zone
- Exclusive services of your own NAI Certified Interpretive Guide & Florida Master Naturalist
……And due to our private charter policy only, you have exclusive use of this yacht for the day